- This event has passed.
May. 25. 18 - May. 27. 18
Tickets for the in-person event are sold out
Tickets are now on sale for a livestream of these 2 events:
-Friday evening Keynote
-Saturday and Sunday Workshop on Compassionate Inquiry (which includes Friday evening)
Friday – Evening Keynote, 7pm-9:30pm
Saturday & Sunday Workshop, 9am-4:30pm
Compassionate Inquiry is a powerful technique for assisting clients to access deep healing and transformation. This workshop is suitable for all helping professionals including social workers, therapists, and health care providers who wish to help liberate their patients/clients from the unconscious dynamics running their lives. In this experiential workshop Gabor, with volunteer participants, will model the Compassionate Inquiry process throughout. In addition, all participants will have the opportunity to practice the method with each other in small groups.
Dr. Maté will teach about:
– Understanding trauma
– Establishing safety
– Attuning to the client
– Paying attention to sensations and emotions in the present moment
– Recognizing body states, voice patterns, body language
– Paying attention to the actual words the client is using
– Linking present experiences to childhood experiences
– Uncovering hidden assumptions and beliefs that contribute to suffering
– Encouraging responsibility
– Expressing gratitude towards discomfort
– Appropriate self-disclosure
– Being playful
The day will be woven-through with practices to assist with integration and release of the energy generated by the workshop. These will include: meditation, movement, music, singing.