The Wisdom of Trauma All-Access Pass
The Wisdom of Trauma All-Access Pass from Science and Nonduality (SAND) is an essential guide to understanding and integrating trauma through educational materials featuring Dr. Gabor Maté, in conversation with 72 leading experts, artists, authors, and activists such as Stephen W. Porges, Jamie Lee Curtis, Esther Perel, Bessel van der Kolk , Tara Brach, Alanis Morissette, Peter A. Levine, Daniel Siegel, Sia, Marianne Williamson, Sharon Salzberg and many more. For the full list visit thewisdomoftrauma.com.
This powerful, self-paced guide gives anyone the ability to explore how trauma relates to every facet of life including parenting, politics, climate crisis, the medical paradigm, spirituality, and more. Learn from the wisdom and clarity of Dr. Maté and other dynamic voices to expand the individual and collective experience on the path of true healing.
- Film The Wisdom of Trauma
- Returning to Wholeness: A Guide to Understanding and Integrating Trauma. A 7-hour course with Gabor Maté including downloadable audio and transcripts
- Talks on Trauma Series, Part 1 & Part 2: 33 conversations with 72 leading experts, including downloadable video and audio, plus 7 embodiment and meditation practices
- 5 additional webinars on trauma from the SAND library
- Gabor Maté’s 21 most frequently asked trauma questions
- A Conversation on Trauma, Compassion and Magic with Gabor Maté and James Doty
Speaker extras: articles, book chapters, meditations & embodiment practices.
- Music from The Wisdom of Trauma film
Healing Trauma & Addiction
A powerful videos series and course. Co-created exclusively with Wholehearted.org. For the first time Gabor Maté MD has created a program specifically for families and individuals, focused on healing trauma and addiction. This unique series unfolds as a step-by-step “how to” workshop that represents the culmination of Dr. Maté’s decades of research and clinical experience. Each episode and lesson expands on the knowledge in his worldwide bestselling books on addiction, childhood trauma, and mental health.
This program, filmed before a live audience, includes video lectures interwoven with audience interaction and on-stage demonstrations with participants. Dr. Maté thoughtfully demonstrates how to develop awareness, compassion, and tools for effective healing. Families and those struggling with addiction will learn how to heal longstanding tensions and better understand each other. You will gain new insight and understanding that bring hope, optimism, and practical strategies that support long-term recovery. Participants describe their experience as life-changing, profound, and optimistic.
This program is offered in two versions. Both include the video series. The individual and family program includes a course specifically written for families and individuals focused on healing their trauma and addiction. The professional program includes a course and client exercises, facilitation guides, materials for clients, and a certificate for 12 hours of continuing education.
“This program is very special and different from my other courses and internet videos. I’ve been waiting for years for a video series that effectively conveys this work. As a writer, I am at a loss for words to describe just how much I appreciate this program and all of the hard work the people at wholehearted.org have dedicated to this project.”
Dr. Gabor Maté
Video Series: 8 Episodes | 6 Hours
Course: 8 lessons | 54 Topics
Video Series: 8 Episodes | 6 Hours
Course: 8 Lessons | Client Exercises | Professional Resources | Continuing Education: 12 Hours
A Masterclass for Healers
A Masterclass for Healers includes a comprehensive introduction and overview of Dr Maté’s unified philosophy on the origin of disease and mental illness, with detailed lessons and practical demonstrations that offer a diversity of tools, techniques, and psycho-education focused on helping healing professionals to cultivate deeper attunement, connection and healing with their clients. In this six-part video course (6.5 hours) you will have the unique opportunity to deepen your skills in attuning and reaching others, even the most difficult clients.
In each lesson, Dr. Maté thoughtfully presents his work through the lens of treating addiction and expands on the special issues when treating substance abuse. This masterclass is a “must-have” for any professional interested in learning more about Gabor’s work and approach.
Compassionate Inquiry Self-Study Short Course
Don’t miss this chance to delve deep into yourself, and experience an introduction to Compassionate Inquiry, a powerful therapeutic approach developed by Dr. Gabor Maté for healing trauma and understanding mental and physical illness.
This course is designed to be more accessible to health professionals who are unable to commit to the intensive CI Professional Training. It is also for lay-people who have a strong interest in Gabor’s work.
- The short course contains over 20 hours of video and narrated powerpoints
- The course is self-study and does not include facilitation
In this deeply rewarding, year-long course you will:
- Increase your skills and effectiveness as a therapist or health provider
- Be part of an international community of Compassionate Inquiry practitioners
- Benefit from therapeutic peer support and practice groups
- Receive over 240 hours in total of engagement with peers, online facilitators, live Zoom calls with Dr. Gabor Maté, and video recordings
- Discover and master essential tools, qualities and skills that will nurture compassion, connect to your in-the-present self and help you become more attuned to the messages from your body and your clients.
Compassionate Inquiry Circles
They are based on the work of Dr. Gabor Maté, further developed by Sat Dharam Kaur ND. They are led by highly skilled CI Circle Leaders who are all certified Compassionate Inquiry Practitioners.
Some of the themes addressed in the weekly sessions include:
- Finding safety within one’s body and nervous system
- How to process a trigger
- Exploring what happened to you in childhood
- Expressing authenticity
- Knowing one’s needs
- Turning around unconscious beliefs
- Expanding into possibility.